Release Date: January 23, 2019
Most hardcore fans of the show know that I love the Game Boy very much, and the Super Mario Land games are a big reason why. I wanted to make this video because not only do I really like the games, but there didn’t seem to be much out there about them. It was fun replaying all the games over again. I never realized how short Super Mario Land is. You can beat it in 30 minutes easily! Super Mario Land 2 is still my favorite and I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of playing through that game. Wario Land was much harder than I remember. I think after playing the first 2 games, I wanted to blaze my way through the 3rd, but Wario Land is a much slower-paced experience. Once you understand that, it gets easier.
This episode reached the Top 50 Trending for Gaming on YouTube!
- The History of Mario by William Audureau, pg. 307-319
- Super Mario Land Review, Computer and Video Games, November 1989, pg. 119
- Super Mario Land 2 Review, Electronic Gaming Monthly. February 1993, pg. 28
- Super Mario Land Review, Electronic Gaming Monthly, September 1989, pg. 15
- “In the Chair With Satoru Okada”, Retro Gamer (issue 163), December 2016, pg. 93-97