Release Date: August 17th, 2018
Spryo the Dragon was one of my favorite series on the Sony Playstation. I was always jealous of the Nintendo 64 and all of its great 3D platforming games. Spyro the Dragon was Sony’s answer, and the first three games are fantastic. In 2018, Toys For Bob announced they were remastering the first three games. That was all the inspiration I needed to make a video. What was great about researching this topic was the vast amount of primary sources. The developer, Insomniac Games, did a ton of interviews with the media. Playstation Underground did several “behind-the-scenes” videos on the making of the games. Needless to say, it makes the research aspect a whole lot easier! Also included in this episode is a ton of great information on Disruptor, Insomniac Games first title.
- Devs Play “Spyro the Dragon” with Ted Price and Tim Schafer
- G4 Icons: Insomniac Games
- Insomniac’s Giant Leap: Developing Disruptor and Spyro the Dragon
- Playstation Underground: Stewart Copeland
- Playstation Underground: The Making of Spyro 2: Ripto’s Rage!
- Playstation Underground: The Making of Spyro the Dragon