Release Date: May 7th, 2020
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, many of my bigger projects have been put on hold. I decided to check out some smaller topics I could cover. I bought Crusader of Centy years ago and had always wanted to learn more about it. This seemed like a good time! The research was a little more than I imagined. All of the best sources were in Japanese! I had Brian Clark translate some coverage of the game from Beep! MegaDrive magazine, which is where I learned a lot of information. I had no idea Sega had a “Mega Role-Playing Project.” It made sense though. As a kid, I always wished the Genesis had more RPGs.
There are other Zelda clones on the Genesis – Landstalker comes to mind. But I think Crusader of Centy got the closest. It’s a great game!
- Beyond Oasis Preview, GameFan, March 1995, pg. 38-41
- Crusader of Centy Preview, GameFan, November 1994, pg. 54-55
- Crusader of Centy Review, Video Games: The Ultimate Magazine, March 1995, pg. 66
- International Outlook – Ragnacenti, Electronic Gaming Monthly, March 1994, pg. 80
- “Urgent Project: It’s Finally Begun! The Sega Mega Role-Playing Project”, Beep! MegaDrive, July 1994, pg. 92-99
- “Firms in Mortal Combat”, Red Deer Advocate, February 4th, 1995
- “Game sparks frenzy in Japan”, The Leader-Post, February 19th, 1988, pg. C11